Perth dad dies after being bashed by group of Australians at a popular bar in Bali
A Perth grandfather who was attacked and left for dead at a Bali bar has lost his fight for life.
Paul Dougan was holidaying with friends on the Indonesian island earlier this month when he was confronted by a group of four strangers, reportedly Australians, at the One Tribe Bar in Kuta.

He was repeatedly bashed and kicked before being rushed to hospital in a critical condition, where he underwent three surgeries and four blood transfusions.
Mr Dougan suffered internal bleeding and 10 broken ribs, had his spleen removed, and had drains placed in his lungs and abdomen.
His family made the mercy dash from Perth to be by his side and this week set up a fundraiser after mounting medical bills surpassed $70,000.
‘Once his drains are removed, we are expecting it to be another two weeks before he can be assessed and cleared to fly home,’ his son Liam wrote.
But as donations and messages from well-wishers poured in, Mr Dougan, affectionately known as ‘Rabbit’, died after a 10-day fight for life in intensive care.
‘It wasn’t meant to be this way Dad,’ Liam posted on Thursday night.
‘I will love and remember you for the rest of my life and I will continue to make you proud.
‘I am shattered, lost, heartbroken and confused but grateful I ever got to call you my Dad.’
He also thanked everyone for their prayers, messages, donations and support.
‘Unfortunately today we had to undergo the hardest day of our family’s lives and say goodbye to Dad,’ he wrote.
‘I am heartbroken to type this message, I’m lost, confused but I wanted to update everyone who has shown support.’
Mr Dougan’s alleged attackers are yet to be identified.
Police on Thursday visited the Kuta bar where the alleged assault took place.
There is CCTV footage of the alleged incident, according to Mr Dougan’s son.
‘To have this happen to him, of all people, is just devastating,’ one friend told Nine News Perth.
‘He’s not the kind of guy to go looking for that sort of trouble.
‘He’d grabbed his partner and said, ”Let’s get out of here’. As he stood up he was confronted by a person that said, ‘What did you say?’ and pretty much didn’t wait for an answer and just struck him.”’
No arrests have been made and no charges have been laid.
‘They will be found and there will be justice,’ Mr Dougan’s son wrote.
‘But none of this will bring Dad back.’
Back home, Mr Dougan’s death has sparked an outpouring of tributes.
‘Paul was a much loved father, grandfather and member of the wider Gosnells community, and his loss will be deeply felt by all who knew him,’ Gosnells Football Club posted on Friday.
‘On behalf of everyone at the Gosnells Football Club, we extend our deepest condolences to Paul’s children and their partners, his grandchildren, family and loved ones during this incredibly difficult time.
‘Our thoughts are with the entire Dougan family, and we hope they find strength and comfort in each other and in the love and support of those around them.’

