Trump says planned Iran attack put on hold after requests from Qatar, Saudi and UAE leaders

The fresh escalation in the Middle East may have moved a step back from the edge, for now. US President Donald Trump on Monday said he had put a planned military strike on Iran on hold after direct appeals from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

In a lengthy statement posted on Truth Social, Trump said the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan urged him to delay a scheduled American attack on Iran because “serious negotiations” were now underway.

According to Trump, the military action had been planned for “tomorrow” before Gulf leaders intervened in the hope that a peace agreement could still be reached with Tehran.

“I have been asked to hold off on our planned Military attack of the Islamic Republic of Iran,” Trump wrote.

Leave a comment

error: Content is protected !!